Why is there condensation on my windows
Condensation can seem like a bad thing to be happening on your window, but that’s not always the case. Just because your window has condensation doesn’t mean there is something wrong with it. In most cases having condensation on your window panes is a good thing because it means that they are doing an excellent job keeping your house insulated.
The humidity inside your house causes interior condensation, typically during the fall and winter months, when the temperature is lower outside, reacting with the build-up of moisture levels inside your home. One of the reasons is that you may have too much moisture trapped inside your house, and the cold window and warm inside temperature can cause that moisture to condensate at your window. Too much interior moisture can affect your house and cause your window frames to warp if made of wood. If you have any concerns about condensation on your windows, please give us a call, and we can see what you need help with.
Exterior condensation is the same thing you see when you go out to your car early in the morning and see a layer of water on your car windows. The dew point causes this, and it shows that your windows are properly working and keeping the warm air in and the cold air on the outside. This is the same thing with windows for your house; if you notice condensation on your house’s exterior, this means your windows are working correctly.
To reduce inside window condensation, here are some tips to help you.
- Use a dehumidifier; the build-up of moisture in your house can cause condensation to form inside on your windows
- Turn down or turn off your humidifier; having this too high can cause your moisture levels to rise
- Use your fans throughout your house; whether after a hot shower or bath, use your fans to circulate the air to dissipate the hot wet air
- Circulate air throughout your home, don’t let air sit stagnantly in your house as that’s when the build-up of moisture can happen
- Look at replacing or upgrading your windows to double-pane windows with Low-e coatings
At ARC, we are committed to excellence in everything we do. Why trust ARC over another window contractor? We have the experience and knowledge to save you time and money. We offer free estimates on your window projects and tell you exactly what it will cost upfront. We are local and care about home and business owners in Appleton, Neenah, Oshkosh, Green Bay, Fond du Lac, and surrounding areas.