Is It Time For My Residential Roof Replacement
Residential roof replacement can be expensive but knowing in advance when your roof needs to be replaced can save you money. By preparing for it earlier and knowing the signs that your roof is reaching the end of its limits is crucial to know. Whether a roof replacement comes from damage to the roof or more natural wear and tear, understanding what your roof presents to you can be helpful to know what is wrong and what you need to do for it.
Do I have to replace my roof if it looks in good condition?
It depends on how the other structures of your roof are affected. For example, although your shingles may look in good condition, they may be causing deterioration underneath them. They can cause poor ventilation and moisture to seep into and accelerate their life expectancy.
Some potential signs for roof replacement include:
- Shingles are peeling or curled up on the edges
- Missing shingles or bald spot
- Cracks in shingles or tile
- Leaking ceiling
Tips to know about residential roof replacement and aging roofs
- Look at houses around yours that were built at the same time as they will likely need their roofs replaced when you do.
- Some dark spots on a roof can show aging but can be cleaned off.
- If moss or liquid pockets are present, they may cause damage if they freeze and can tell you about other possibilities that could damage your roof.
Knowing the telltale signs of a possible roof replacement can save you money. By taking proper care of your roof and starting to prepare for a residential roof replacement at early sights of degradation can protect your house from having other structural problems. Just because your roof looks good on the outside doesn’t mean that the attic below it could be damaged from it.
ARC Contracting is a residential roof replacement company in Wisconsin. We serve the Appleton, Fond du Lac, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Marinette, West Bend, Neenah, Greenville, Oshkosh, Middleton, Waukesha, McFarland, Peshtigo, Kimberly, Suamico, Little Chute, and Madison, WI areas. Call us today at 888-747-8086 to learn more about your window options.