5 Signs of clogged rain gutters
Rain gutters are meant to drive water off of your home’s roof and away from its foundation. A clogged rain gutter stops your gutter system from functioning properly which can lead to foundation damage, structure issues, and even mold and mildew growth so it is important to address clogged gutter issues immediately. Here are 5 signs of clogged rain gutters:
- Sagging gutters – Excess weight from debris and water in a clogged gutter can cause it to sag. A sagging gutter will continue to sag worse which will eventually lead to needing a replacement gutter if the gutter can’t properly be bent back into shape.
- Staining on your home’s siding – Check for stains on your siding near your gutter system. Water spilling out of the gutter near the clog will eventually stain your home’s siding.
- Plants growing in your gutter – Many homeowners love having plants in their yard, but not in their home’s gutter system. Plant growth is a sign of a clog that has been building up in your gutters for a long time.
- Water spilling over the sides of your gutters – This is a pretty obvious sign that you have an issue with your rain gutters. A properly functioning gutter system can handle large amounts of water, it would take a tsunami to overflow a good gutter system.
- Birds are spotted more frequently near your home’s gutters – Birds hanging out near your gutters could be a sign that they have built a nest in the gutter or that other pests have taken up residence.
Have you noticed any of these signs of clogged gutters on your home? Then it might be time to have an expert inspect your gutter system and to get a quote for replacements. ARC Contracting serves the Fox Valley area and beyond. If it’s time to replace your home’s gutters or you would like to have gutter guards installed, we can help. Call 888-743-8086 for a free quote today!